Friday, January 30, 2015

Gurgaon [19/01 - 29/01]

It is my first visit to New Delhi, and my second visit to India. This will be my longest stay in India, spanning 10 days. I arrived at New Delhi airport and breeze through the customs. My driver waited for me past the gates and I proceed to my hotel - Trident Gurgaon. 

As I walked past the security gates, I am amazed by the palace-like design of the hotel. 


There are fires burning on the water.


The hotel reception is spacious.


And here is my room.


I walked around the hotel and noticed the pool is one floor below. At both sides of the stairs are lamps.


Let's contrast it with the morning scene.



This is the breakfast dining area.


Besides having dinner in hotel, we can either visit DLF Cybercity, a commercial district with ample restaurants. It is a short 3mins drive from our hotel.



This is part of my regular Indian cuisine diet.


The other area where I can hang out is the large Ambience Mall. Depending on the traffic condition, getting here can be as quick as 10mins to as long as 30mins.


A short distance from my office is the Kingdom of Dreams. It has a theme-park style design. But there are two main highlights here.




The first highlight is the food street. It features cuisines from all over India.


One of the afternoon, we had Indian Muslim cuisine.


And on a separate day, I visited the Kingdom of Dreams to check out the other highlight - musical.


They have a few musical shows throughout the week. I bought the 2999 INR Zangoora - The Gypsy Prince show. They have an English audio set which cost 250 INR. The translation is a bit out of sync with what's happening on stage. But the dance and performance is worth the money.