I went to Taipei 6 times during the 2 months period when I was based in Taiwan. They are as follows:
1) 26th June 2005 - Taipei Recce
2) 2nd July 2005 - Visit Taipei again + Dan Shui with Kent
3) 17th July 2005 - It is typhoon day and I visited Taipei 101 with Jachong and Lam
4) 23rd July 2005 - Visited Dan Shui for sunset with Lam, Howard and Albert
5) 24th July 2005 - Visit Yang Ming mountain with Lam, Albert and his girlfriend
6) 30th July 2005 - Visit Taipei and be a tour guide for my brother and Serene
Here is the view in front of the train station.
Just a short walk away is a street with lots of bookshops. I spent quite a bit of time here searching for some books.
The main government office of Taipei.
The famous Long San temple in Taipei.
Here is Jachong and Lam in front of the temple during typhoon day.
And me browsing through some books in the temple.
We at the top of Taipei 101.
There are two main memorial halls in Taipei, one for Chiang Kai-shek and the other for Sun Zhong San. The one below is Sun Zhong san memorial hall.
This is the famous gateway to the Chiang Kai-shek memorial hall.
The national theatres falk both side of the memorial hall.
The main memorial hall.
Mr Chiang Kai-shek below.
Here I am against the backdrop of Taipei city and 101.
The visit to Yang Ming mountain.
There are many sulplur pools in the mountain.
The mountain grassland of Yang Ming. Many people are just basking in the afternoon sun.
The market street leading to Dan Shui.
They call this mountain Guan Yin mountain.
The bridge connecting Dan Shui.
Beautiful sunset at Dan shui.
The famous Shi Lin night market.
Visiting Taipei can never be complete without trying out their famous smelly Dofu.
The night life of Shimenting.
On my way back from Taoyuan one day, we stumble upon this Taiwan singer.