Thursday, November 06, 2014

Shanghai [20/10 - 05/11]

I'm returning back to Shanghai again. The evening sun greeted me as I journeyed from Pudong airport towards Shanghai city center. 


Over the course of the next 2 weeks, I will be staying at the Westin Bund. The hotel looks nice and spacious.


Here is the bathroom.


I rendezvous with my colleague for dinner at the hotel restaurant. We are having seafood buffet.


Teppanyaki dish prepared by the local staff.


As the hotel is a short distance walk from the Nanjing East Road. We visited the street to take a look at the hustle and bustle of city life.


On another day, we visited the Bund.


And took some photos of the great view across the river.


24th October 2014 (Friday)

One of my colleague would like to tailor-make suits. After asking around, we arrived at Lu Jia Bang Road textile market. There are lots of tailors here.


For dinner, we checked out the famous Xiao Long Bao shop at Yu Yuan.


25th October 2014 (Saturday)

I like to do supermarket shopping over the weekend. It is also the hairy crab season. Here are the actual prices of the crabs as sold in supermarket.


I visited my good friend DK's house over the weekend. His house has very good view of the city skyline.


He brought me to Renmin Garden where they have matchmaking activities going on every weekend. I blur out the photos deliberately below. Most of the people are parents who put their children profile for prospectors to look at.


Most of them are ladies. But there are also men.



One of my favorite restaurant in Shanghai this time round is Xi Bei below. It serves very affordable modern style spicy dining.


After dinner, we took a walk around the city area and came upon Jingan temple.


26th October 2014 (Sunday)

On Sunday, I brought my colleague to a western cuisine style hangout at Xintiandi.


Here is Xintiandi during the day.


In the evening, I catch up with my good friend DK again for steamboat dinner.


31st October (Friday)

This evening, I decided to have Japanese dinner.


2nd November 2014 (Sunday)

It is back to steamboat again this evening.


When I got back to my hotel, I am greeted by a Birthday cake from the hotel.

3rd November 2014 (Monday)

My boss bought for me birthday cake on Monday.


In the evening, we went for Xinjiang cuisine.


We visited to Han City along Nanjing East road. It sells a variety of goods and I'm fascinated by this USB drive below. Is there a 1TB flash memory the size of a thumb?


4th November 2014 (Tuesday)

It is the final night in Shanghai and I caught up with DK again for supper. This has to be one of the best barbeque I have tried so far. The mutton skewers are prepared by 2 girls from Xinjiang by the side of the road.