Sunday, May 24, 2009

Penang 2 [18/05 - 22/05]

18th May (Monday)

This is my second business trip to Penang. Likewise, I departed via the 8.05am flight from Singapore's Changi airport. The check-in staff allocated a seat for me which is towards the back of the plane. At this vantage position next to the window, I am able to catch the rising sun from the east. I am currently above 9000m and the view is splendid! We can see the clouds separating; revealing the land-sea mass below.

Photobucket

At certain parts of the journey, the clouds close in, giving it a heavenly feel to the entire area.

Photobucket

Large fluffy clouds resembling large ice sheets in the Arctic.

Photobucket

The aircraft made a turn westward to Penang and we left the Malaya mainland.In the photo below, there is a mystical feel to Malaya. Centuries ago when sailors first arrived at this part of the world, I believed they were equally amazed by the beauty of this land.

Photobucket

I rendezvous with my colleague at the airport and off we go; travelling past Penang bridge.

Photobucket

For this week, I will be staying in a condo apartment. This is how the foyer looks like.

Photobucket

There is a swimming pool in the condo.

Photobucket

From my apartment, I can see Penang island.

Photobucket

This is how the living room looks like.

Photobucket

And a peek into my room, which is the master bedroom.

Photobucket

Here I am sitting at the sofa and watching TV.

Photobucket

19th May (Tuesday)

Most of the morning, we will have our breakfast at this food centre just a minute drive from our workplace. The fried noodles are good.

Photobucket

I noticed a bun lying on the table. It smells and looks like a bun.

Photobucket

But in reality, this is the use for it.

Photobucket

Cars own by the rich tycoons of Penang. Notice all the car number plates are the same.

Photobucket

In the evening, we drop by a popular stall selling western food for dinner.

Photobucket

This is Chicken Chop.

Photobucket

20th May (Wednesday)

On Wednesday we went to Sunway Carnival shopping mall for a movie. It is one of the newest shopping mall in the area.

Photobucket

21st May (Thursday)

On this morning, we have Dim Sum breakfast. The waiters and waitresses carry large trays of dim sum around to each table. Whichever we like, we just take from them.

Photobucket

I just keep on taking and this is what I have gathered. It's RM18 in all, around $7 plus for a 2 person breakfast.

Photobucket

In the evening, I went for a mega-meal. It has a combination of meats and seafood in this platter, costing RM9.

Photobucket

After dinner, we got some buns from a stall. The buns come in all sizes.

Photobucket

22nd May (Friday)

On Friday evening, I have to catch the 9.15pm flight out of Penang. We took the ferry from our side to Georgetown. The sunset scene is truly remarkable.

Photobucket

To my left is Penang bridge.

Photobucket

To my right is another panoramic view of the sky.

Photobucket

I arrived at the airport at 8.20pm. Penang airport is small, but it is new and clean.

Photobucket

There are many shops in the airport.

Photobucket